Thursday, January 09, 2003

What do you write about when the day was rather busy, and there really wasn't much time to think? How about the 'quiet mind'? 'The secret of strength lies in the quiet mind...' says White Eagle in his book (I actually did not read it, but I liked the quote). How do you achieve this stage of quiescence? Meditation is certainly one possibility. The Meditation Quick-Start Guide might be a good starting point. Even though the site has a sales pitch for your personal mantra it caught my eye because of its simplicity, and I like things to be simple at times. Then, the Meditation Archive at Interlude can give you a few initial thoughts for your meditation, and off you go!

So, now what should I do with all that? See what it's good for in 'Use Your Quiet Mind' from the 'Top 7 Business' site.

By the way, the site also has a bunch of other 'short and sweet' pages for self-improvement, including a page with quotes, like Make it a great day! instead of Have a great day! Many years ago a passing stranger once said to me as a farewell greeting 'Have a nice life!', so now I should say 'Make it a nice life!'

No comments:

Post a Comment